Sharing 10 random facts about us in lieu of our 10 year (engagement) anniversary. Still can’t believe it’s been a decade already!
Last week the hubs and I celebrated our 10 Year Engagement Anniversary!!!
Say what now???
Yep, we can’t believe it either…
So figured I will share 10 random fun facts that led up to the wonderful occasion here.
1. I genuinely feel like I manifested my husband (and I didn’t even know it, a story for another day)
2. I come from a very traditional/orthodox family and I had to challenge the status quo every step of the way before I found him, ‘the one’! Very proud of it I tell you 😉
3. Gmail is in a way responsible for bringing us together! Whad’Ya Know haha 😮
4. The first thing I told him when we started talking is that ‘I need someone who knows how to handle me!’ Haha, that probably sounds bad when reading it now, but that was my first and foremost ‘criteria’.
5. The speed at which our relationship progressed had everyone ask us if we were rushing into things? I guess when you know you know!?!?
6. I was finishing up grad school when we got engaged. That date was originally supposed to be our wedding day, but I wanted to graduate when I was still just my parents’ daughter and not when I was also a wife (I am senti-mental that way). So our engagement ceremony was held on that day instead. He’s forever been supportive of my ‘crazy beliefs/ideas/plans’ or I wouldn’t be doing what I do today.
7. We got a free upgrade to business class seats on our way to India for our engagement ceremony (meant to be).
8. He is grounded and I am hyper, I am impatient and he is even-tempered, the list goes on, but that’s what brought us together (and keeps us together)!
9. After all these years, we still get asked if we are newly married? Almost 10 years, but I will take it!
10. And 10+ years in, I still blush every time I think back to our initial text conversations, dammit!
If you are curious to hear more about our story then below is a list of all the related posts…
Blissfully Married, Fabulous Five
7-year anniversary 7 random Facts
Best Practical Relationship Tips and Advice
31 Unique Date-night Ideas
91 Best Love Quotes & Marriage Sayings
Our Travel Timeline Across 5 Continents, Tips & Mantras
Now your turn, tell me a random fact about your story?
“A good marriage isn’t something you find, it’s something you make, and you have to keep on making it”
Leave a Reply