50+ THINGS TO DO AT HOME TO STAY BUSY, BE PRODUCTIVE, GET S*** DONE, & MOST IMPORTANTLY, FEEL GOOD & STAY SANE WHILE SOCIAL DISTANCING AND IN QUARANTINE
In a way, this time that we have been given is truly a blessing in disguise in many ways, and a rare gift!
Given the new reality and the new normal, I am genuinely asking you —
How are you doing? How are you feeling? How are you holding up?
No matter what your responses to these questions are, please remember —
It is completely ok to not be ok. And it is also just as ok to be ok.
Do NOT judge either! 🙌🏻
- How to manage stress & anxiety?
- 30+ Kids At-Home Travel Activities
- 50+ Kids Activities & Ideas, plus more here, here and here
- 100+ Freebie Educational and Entertaining Resources for adults and kids
- Tips & hacks to increase productivity while working from home
- How to self-care during the Coronavirus pandemic
- Tips for working from home with kids at home
- Inspiring quotes to overcome stress and keep pushing forward
- Best educational podcasts for kids
- How to stay positive and productive during these unprecedented times
- Coronavirus precautions, do’s, don’ts, and best practices
Also, how many days of Quarantine has it been for you?
We are one month in, this Monday (April 6th) marked one month of self-quarantine for us.
And honestly, this self-isolation, quarantine, and social distancing haven’t been hard at all, for us I mean (compared to what everyone in the world is going through – it is unbearably sad, my heart truly aches for those who has been suffering one way or another, and I feel furious when I see/hear about how some selfish idiots are still going to the beaches, hosting parties at home, etc).
Personally, I am loving all the time I am getting with my boys (and for myself too, yes, despite us all being here 24/7, somehow the hubs and I are making it work, read my tips here)!
We are working harder & longer than ever (growth mindset), we are learning & growing more than ever (still sticking to our 2020 goals, yep, did a quarterly review), & the best part is that we have each other to do all of this with (and honestly, we haven’t had a single minute, yes, single minute in the entire month when we felt bored, and this is without watching TV for more than 30 mins a day, max)!
Don’t get me wrong, I am not trying to brag over here, not one bit. I am merely sharing our #QuarantineStory and how we are making the most of it (cuz you gotta do what you gotta do)!
I am fully aware and know that all of this is a privilege (including good health, both physical & mental, the ability to stay home, etc, etc). I am not one to take any of this for granted. I know all too well what a huge blessing it all is 🙏🏼
I did find myself in a creative slump for a brief period of time (not sure if it was because of the self-imposed pressure to exceed my own expectations or because I have been cooped up inside the house for long) so I had to step away and take a mental day to get back in the game.
My biggest worry at the moment is about our parents. Our parents are all by themselves and all the way across the world. There isn’t anything we can do from here except pray for them & their continued good health. And I know that their only worry is about their children, that is us!
Sharing our #QuarantineStory to reiterate (and hopefully inspire) that if you have the opportunity & the means to make the most of this situation then please do it, for your own sake (and your family’s sake)!
Look on the bright side (I know it is easier said than done), quit complaining, & focus your time and energy on what you can control – your attitude and your effort!
I am by no means undermining the pain that you (and everyone else) is going through right now.
But it is what it is, being stressed and living in fear is not going to make it easier to get through this situation.
If Netflix and Chill all day is what is going to help you get through the quarantine and social distancing situation, then, by all means, binge away. But if turning off the TV (even if just for an hour a day) & instead learning a new skill is going to actually make you feel better while also helping you come out of this stronger & better, then PLEASE consider it! 🙏🏼
Sorry not sorry if all of this is too preachy for you. I am who I am, and I am not going to apologize for sharing my two cents in hopes to inspire and empower you along the way…
50+ THINGS TO DO DURING QUARANTINE & SOCIAL DISTANCING
1. I shared a basic list of things to do during quarantine here, please give it a read first.
2. Design that ideal life/lifestyle you have always been dreaming of. Take a sheet of paper (or a book if you need), put it all down, and figure out ways to make it happen!
3. Write a letter to your loved ones. Not email, but a real letter, one someone can hold onto for life cuz real letters are truly a rare treasure.
4. Declutter your space – not just your home but your mind and soul too.
5. Do a Detox – not just your body but your mind and soul too.
6. Spring Clean & Organize/Reorganize your home.
7. Remove and discard/donate anything that does not inspire you. And redecorate the space in such a way that it elevates your mood and spirits.
8. Try intermittent fasting. Easier to do it when you are at home (unless you are too distracted by all the food), the way I see it is that intermittent fasting now will help you cut out on all the binge eating (which you would otherwise indulge in).
9. Plan virtual game nights with friends.
10. Meditate – prioritize your mental health, practice mindfulness.
11. Try indoor workouts, there are several free workouts available (with minimal or no equipment).
12. FaceTime friends and family members, by now this is a no brainer. But schedule them for every week so there is something to look forward to. Make it a themed night so it is even more exciting!
13. Take up online courses and workshops. I cannot stress enough how helpful learning a new skill is, and now you have no excuses given how many free resources are now available at your fingertips.
14. Try your hands at adult jigsaw puzzles, you can even try playing online. My inspo for this will forever be our 2-year-old and his love for puzzles.
15. Be of Service, highly beneficial for your mental health. Try to find organizations that are trying to help during these unprecedented times and figure out how you can help them. Even if it is just by donating money.
16. Learn to knit. By the time this is all over winter might be here, who even knows anymore!? (hopefully not, but these skills always come in handy. Like how I wish I knew how to sew, should have learned from my momma).
17. Do something therapeutic, if you do not know what that is then this is just the right time for you to find out.
18. Doodle, draw, paint, color – anything freestyle! Use an adult coloring book, it is therapeutic (there you go ;))
19. Create a playlist for different occasions – workout, relaxing, cooking, etc.
20. Bake your favorite goodies or learn to bake something new.
21. Conduct science experiments.
22. Schedule a spa day at home.
23. Play board games.
24. Start an indoor or outdoor garden.
25. Write yourself inspiring/fun notes and leave them around the house for you to read throughout the day.
26. Travel and explore the world from the comfort of your home.
27. Scavenger hunt inside the house.
28. Have a dance party, or host a zoom dance party with your friends.
29. Try your hands at stop motion.
30. Create a vision board. Time to bring out all your old magazines and get working.
31. Walk barefoot in the backyard.
32. Take on a renovation project at home, if that’s too daunting then paint a wall or two maybe?
33. Start journaling.
34. Host a movie night with friends, virtually of course.
35. Blow bubbles.
36. Make and send care packages to people.
37. Clean and organize your garage (disaster + germ zone, especially with all the hoarding).
38. Organize your photos and create folders (both on your phone and computer).
39. Create that gallery wall.
40. Create photo books (yearly, based on occasions, travel, etc).
41. Unsubscribe from emails, use unroll.me
42. Plan a virtual birthday party for your family and friends.
43. Get crafty with delivery boxes (of course, after disinfecting them).
44. Do your taxes, even if the deadline has been extended. Your post-quarantine self will be so proud (and thank you!).
45. Give/get a massage from your partner.
46. Listen to new podcasts.
47. Rewatch your favorite TV show, movie series.
48. Learn a new language.
49. Revisit and revise your yearly goals.
50. Read a book (and do nothing else the whole day).
51. Or better yet, enjoy a bubble bath.
52. Learn a new form/style of dance.
53. Incorporate a new habit.
54. Put up a tent in the living room and go camping (at home).
55. Build a fort from pillows, blankets and more.
56. Cook with friends, virtually of course. Turn on zoom and make the same recipe.
57. Get grooming at home – eyebrows, manicure, pedicure, learn it, and do it!
58. Try new hairstyles.
59. Host a photo watch party with your friends and exchange stories.
60. Update your resume.
61. Learn how to edit your photos. Lightroom will be your new best friend.
62. Clean your car.
63. Join TikTok and do a challenge.
64. Start writing in a Gratitude Journal.
65. Plan Karaoke nights
66. Brainstorm new ideas to help advance your career (and life).
67. Plan your next trip, you know, for when this is all over!
68. Take some personality tests – love language quiz, enneagram, etc.
69. Pinterest away, I bet this will keep you busy until the end of the year 😉
There you have it, the Ultimate Bucket List of Things To Do At Home (given our new way of life aka Social Distancing and Quarantine).
I sincerely hope that this list will help you one way or another during this (unprecedented) season of life!
“There is a society in the deepest solitude.”
Leave a Reply