12 Tips on how to set SMART goals & achieve them!
Sharing below 12 goal setting tips & how to achieve them!
So here is what we are going to do differently this year…
1. Reflect upon the year that you just bid goodbye to. Write down all the highs and all the lows. Be true to yourself while penning them down. Here is mine to get you started.
2. Turn your lows and failures from last year into your goals for this year. It is only logical, and it is a great strategy to begin with.
3. Add more goals to that list if you want to, but don’t overdo it. Remember, you have to start small.
4. Now pick the TOP 5 goals from your list, these should be achievable with some amount of effort and work. Now pick 3 more from that list, these are stretch goals.
5. Categorize them as personal, professional, and other.
6. Take a big white cardboard and write these down in big, bold, letters. And put the board in your study area/fridge/or wherever it is most visible to you day in and day out.
7. I am damn serious about the above step, so don’t laugh it off but do it! Trust me, the more you see your goals before your eyes, the more you will work towards them. Make an inspiration/mood board too if you want.
8. Share your goals with someone to hold you accountable. Heck, go ahead and share it with me even. I would love to be your buddy on this.
9. Create a game plan on how you will achieve your goals. But keep it simple!
10. Start working towards your goals little by little, every.single.day. If you fail today, start over again tomorrow, and don’t wait until next year comes around.
11. Track progress regularly (as I was telling you in my recent Instagram stories, get a planner) and revisit your goals every week, month, quarter, and adjust it based on your current priorities. It is totally OK if you have to update or completely change your goal whenever!
12. And live each day and work towards each goal as if it is Day 1 (LOVE this motto by Amazon).
Leave a Reply