The Ultimate Travel Itinerary To Explore Joshua Tree National Park
Places To See, Things To Do, Where To Eat…
RELATED POSTS: ALL THINGS TRAVEL
Visiting Joshua Tree had been on the radar for a while… I was so fascinated by it since the time I had first seen pictures of the very unique ‘Joshua Tree’ a few years back. So it was amazing to see it in person and admire its-own-kind-of-beautiful!
Joshua Tree National Park is where two deserts meet – two distinct desert ecosystems, the Mojave and the Colorado. The variety of plants and animals, the landscape and scenery, the rocks and boulders, the sunsets and starlit skies are all one of a kind, and truly mind-blowing!
Driving through miles and miles of this beautiful desert makes one really feel as if you are in one of those western Hollywood movies (or Breaking Bad).
CHOLLA CACTUS GARDEN
BARKER DAM TRAIL
WONDERLAND OF ROCKS
JOSHUA TREE DOWNTOWN
NOAH PURIFOY MUSEUM
OTHER POPULAR SPOTS AROUND JOSHUA TREE NATIONAL PARK
WHERE TO EAT IN JOSHUA TREE NATIONAL PARK?
TIPS TO EXPLORE JOSHUA FREE NATIONAL PARK
- Fuel up your car
- Bring plenty of food and water as there are no restaurants or cafes once you are inside the national park
- Your phone’s GPS is useless for navigation once you are inside the park, so pick up a map from the visitor center
- Make sure that the AC in the car is working, especially if you are visiting in the hot summer months
- Carry lots of layers of clothing as the temperatures vary quite a bit and it can be extremely windy
- Plenty of signs inside the national park indicate all the points of interest, but you can still miss them (especially the Cholla Cactus Garden), so always keep an eye out