- The number 108 is considered sacred in many Eastern traditions, it signifies the interconnection between body, mind and the universe.
- One represents unity, zero represents calmness, and eight represents infinite possibility (with its resemblance to the infinity symbol).
- There are said to be 108 energy lines converging to form the heart chakra.
- The earth cycle is supposed to be of 2160 years = 20 x108.
- The diameter of the Sun is 108 times the diameter of the Earth.
- The distance between the Earth and Sun is 108 times the diameter of the Sun.
- The distance between the Earth and Moon is 108 times the diameter of the Moon.
- The pre-historic monument Stonehenge is 108 feet in diameter.
And as I said at the beginning, that wasn’t it. I had been meaning to try AIReal yoga (Instagram) for so long and was finally lucky enough to give it a go at the Wanderlust Fest (and boy, am I a fan or what!?). If I had to pick the most popular activity on that day, it had to be AIReal Yoga. Several people lined up and waited to be part of one of the sessions. Though just the thought and sight of being able to hang upside down gave me the chills, it was one of the most surreal experiences. It is amazing how liberated and free your body and mind feel as you progress from one posture to another, all with the help of a special hammock. What is even more impressive is that anyone with little or no yoga experience can partake in this activity.