- We work uniquely with co-operatives where each member weaver or tailor has a vote in how its run, has insurance and retirement funds and most importantly: a fair living wage.
- A majority of our products are Zero-Waste products meaning there is no waste materials being produced when the item is born.
- Unintentionally our office staff is all women. This might be the nature of our work or the interest shown by our local community. We love this co-incidence!
- We are our main product testers and toughest critics. We stand behind all the products we make, as we have used them and truly believe them to be practical, beautiful and ethical.
- Fair trade certified products.
- Handloom Mark certified, i.e. verified and certified by the Government of India to be authentically made by hand on traditional wooden looms.
What was the inspiration behind Kara Weaves?